Which devices does Redbox Instant by Verizon support?
Redbox Instant by Verizon works with all these devices. (For more details about a device, just click its link):
- Most Windows or Macintosh computers
- Apple iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Most Kindle Fire models
- Windows Phone 8
- Internet-connected Samsung TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and home theater systems, and LG Smart TVs
- Many Roku models
- Many Google TV devices (please note that Google TV is not the same as Google Chromecast; there currently is no Redbox Instant by Verizon app available for Google Chromecast.)
- The PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One gaming consoles. (More information on the PS Vita coming soon!)
Want to watch on more big screens? Check out our topics on using AirPlay with your iPod, iPad and iPod Touch, or AirPlay Mirroring with your Mac.
So if you have a device we don't yet support and that device has a web browser, why can't you just use that browser to stream? That's because we currently stream videos only through standard PC or Mac browsers. In order to stream video to a device that's not a personal computer -- even if that device has a browser -- you'll need an app specific to that device.
We're always hard at work adding devices. Although we don't usually provide advance notice of upcoming devices, we'll update this list of supported devices as soon as Redbox Instant by Verizon is available and supported on a new device. If you want to request support for your device, and get email when it's added, just click here!