How do I set parental controls?
Setting parental controls is simple:
- On your computer, go to Account (it's linked from the upper right of each Redbox Instant by Verizon web page) and choose the Manage Parental Controls tab.
- On the Roku, parental controls also are available directly under Account.
- On the Xbox, parental controls are controlled through the console and not the Redbox Instant by Verizon app. You can, however, use our app to see what your parental controls are set to. Just go to Account and choose Preferences.
- For more information about how to restrict movies and TV shows using your Xbox 360, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
- If you're using an Xbox One, more information can be found here.
- On any other supported device, choose Account within the Redbox Instant by Verizon app, and then select Preferences.
From there, choose the option that's right for you and your family: The Young Children option, for example, will allow any content appropriate for children up to age 6 to be streamed without a password. Other settings are available, including one that will not allow streaming purchases without a password. The parental controls password is the same as your Redbox Instant by Verizon account password.
Please keep in mind that parental control settings are specific to the device on which they are set: If you enable parental controls on an iPad, for example, and want all your other devices to control access to Redbox Instant by Verizon in the same way, you'll have to enable the same settings on all of the other devices. This gives you the flexibility to control what can be watched and purchased on a device-by-device basis.